The SwissTool Spirit is a one from very small variety of multi-tools made by Victorinox. Basically, Victorinox produced only two (2!!!) models of multi-tools, — mentioned Spirit and more massive SwissTool, but each of these models has several variations.
Let’s talk regarding Spirit’s modifications. At the beginning I’d like to say, that I’m not going to classify it’s modifications by color of coating and/or additional tools (I mean Plus packages) — only by tools’ combinations.
Each Spirit model has 10 base tools (stored in handles) + pliers. Several of these tools (8) are common for all existing modifications.
Base tools for all modifications are:
- Wood saw
- Awl with hook at base
- Cap lifter/6mm screwdriver/crate opener/wire bender notch
- Chisel/scraper/wire strippers/wire cutter
- Metal file/Metal saw
- Can opener/3mm screwdriver (Flat/Phillips)
- Phillips screwdriver (No 1,2)
- Small long screwdriver (2mm)
Tools, that can be found only in specified modifications:
- Serrated sheepsfoot blade (butter knife)
- Regular plain blade
For the current moment three modifications of Spirit are exists (again, I’m talking only about modifications with different tool-sets):
- Spirit — has scissors and butter knife (no regular blade);
- Spirit S — has butter knife and regular blade (no scissors);
- Spirit X — has scissors and regular blade (no butter knife).
Besides this classification, known sub-modification of Spirit X with changed pliers — special tool blasting-cap-crimper was added to the nose of them. Originally this version of Spirit was developed for Army forces, but later on this model became available for everyone.
- Spirit X, Spirit